Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Bold Assurity


I listen to quite a bit of rap music. Especially The Cross Movement. But a few days ago I changed my music in my car over to good ole Petra – my all time favourite band. One of the songs that I’ve really enjoyed listening to over and over is Whole World from their Back to the Street album. I just love the fact that God is sovereign and that He has sovereignly allowed me to know that He is sovereign because I get such comfort from that fact. I love God. I'm so glad that this world is under divinely ordered destiny.

Whole World
Words and music by Bob Hartman
Based on Hebrews 1:3, Matthew 20:29, 6:34

Hearts are falling left and right
Children fear this planet's plight
Fatalistic fears abound
And take their toll without a sound
But through the vague uncertainty - comes a bold assurity
This world is under sovereignty - divinely ordered destiny
He holds this world together with the Word of His power
Safe within His hands - til its own appointed hour

(Chorus)
He's still got the whole world in His hands - tonight
And only He knows where the sparrow lands - tonight
And nothing in this world can stop His plans - tonight
'Cause He's still got the whole world in His hands
In His hands tonight

Humanistic lies lament
The holocaust is imminent
Doomsday prophets in the news
Predicting who will light the fuse
The fate of His creation isn't subject to a man
The final consummation is according to His plan

He's still got you - He's still got me in His hands tonight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home