Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Introducing a new blogger....


Actually, he is not a new blogger - he has been blogging for a long time. But he is new to my list of bloggers to check out. His name is Josh Harris. Otherwise known as "Joshua Harris", otherwise known as "The I Kissed Dating Goodbye Guy", otherwise known as "The Courtship Guy".

I've been a fan of Josh Harris for a long time - ever since reading I Kissed Dating Goodbye back in grade 10. His book, Boy Meets Girl is also butter and those are the two books that I will recommend to everyone who asks me about books on dating and courtship and marriage. I think that if someone asks me for a book to read about lust I might recommend his book on that too...but first I would have to read it for myself. It seems good though from what he has blogged on it lately. (For now I would have to recommend The Purity Principle by Randy Alcorn for a book on lust - it is golden and really succinct!)

Josh isn't just the dating guy though, he is a also a pastor and I'm listening to him preach right this minute on "What It Costs To Follow Jesus." I like Josh lots and hope you will check his blog and check his website. I think your life will be better as a result of getting to know Joshua Harris.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julian Freeman said...

Well, if you can't recommend Not Even a Hint then I will! :) It's great. So is Stop Dating the Church also authored by Joshua Harris.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home