Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Overjoyed

I feel tired but wind has been put in my sails by thinking about John Piper returning from his sabbatical. You can read (or skim) his lengthy letter here. I'm especially excited about his new book. It will bump some other books on my "Books to Read" list down because it will be better than most of them put together. :p Kidding...sort of. More seriously, I'm excited about it because I really really want to obey what Jesus commands and believe that this book will be one means that God uses to supply me with the needed grace to do so better than I do now. Who I am is certainly in between what I once was and I what I want to be. So I hope to get closer to what I want to be through that book.

Now that Piper is back I look forward to getting to hear more new stuff from him, but with equal excitement I am looking forward to the new Desiring God website that will be launched soon because then I will be able to access way more old stuff too. I don't want to be guilty of chronological snobbery (as C.S. Lewis called it) even when it comes to reading and listening to someone who is still alive and kicking.


On a different note, I thought that Driscoll's sermon on 1 Corinthians 11 was sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home