Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Evangelism

This morning Pastor Jack and I watched the 7th Session of The Way of the Master Basic Training Course. It was so good. Kirk and Ray talked about the folly of the modern method of evangelism that tells people, "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life." This makes people think that they should pray and prayer to make their life successful by their own standards - money, health, etc. and it does not lead to people actually coming to the Saviour in repentance and faith for salvation and a wonderful eternal life. Not that using those words, "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life" is a totally wrong thing to do. It's just very incomplete. I really prefer the way Ray and Kirk share the gospel to the way the 4 Spiritual Laws does.

But it will not do to just discuss how good the DVD was and how good the Training Session is. I must put it into practice much more often than I currently do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Sutherland said...

Mark Smith Blogging!

Preposterous!

Saturday, April 12, 2008 8:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home