Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Lloyd Jones

I recently re-listened to Piper's Biographical Speach on Martyn Lloyd Jones and I loved it again since I have a tendency toward some Third Wave Theology.


I've heard some great Martyn Lloyd Jones quotes before and this is one of the best...

Prayer is the highest activity of the human soul, and therefore it is at the same time the ultimate test of a man’s true spiritual condition (there is nothing so much as prayer life that tells the truth about us as Christina people.) Everything we do in the Crhistian life is easier than prayer.
~ Dr. Martyn Lloyd Jones

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually have never heard of Martin Lloyd Jones, but I like that quote. Prayer can certainly be something that people struggle with for long periods of time, even their whole lives.

Good stuff bro.

.:CRAIG:.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger Julian Freeman said...

Hey Mark, I forgot that you had some third wave leanings. We should chat some time. I spent some time down at Covenant Life Church (Josh Harris / CJ Mahaney) and was forced to think through some of those things. I've been working through those issues for the better part of a year now. I'd love to compare notes.

Monday, May 21, 2007 9:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home