Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

C.S. Lewis

Many books that I read seem to quote The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. So I decided to skim through some of my old highlighting from when I read the Screwtape Letters last year. (The letters, for those of you who do not know, are letters that Lewis writes as though they are written from a senior demon to a junior demon.)

One quote that jumped out at me was this:

"Surely you know that if a man can't be cured of churchgoing, the next best thing is to send him all over the neighborhood looking for the church that "suits" him until he becomes a taster or connoisseur of churches."

The Bible talks about schemes of the devil (for example Ephesians 6:11)....I wish would all stand firm against this scheme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home