Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Friday, February 16, 2007

The Cross Centered Life

I've been going back through The Cross Centered Life by C.J. Mahney lately. What a powerful little book.

I like this part from the second last page:

Ask me how I'm doing on any given day and you might be surprised by my response. I don't give the typical "I'm great" or "Fine, thanks!"

Instead I say, "Better than I deserve."

It catches people off gaurd. Many times non-Christians have argued with me, convinced that I suffer from low self-esteem.

But no - I just understand who I am and where I deserve to be. I deserve God's wrath. Honestly, I deserve to be in hell. But instead I'm God's child. I'm forgiven and loved by Him. I'm going to heaven.

I'm better than I deserve!

This perspective fills me with joy....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed Brooks 62 Grandpa
Have enjoyed greeting others with "Better then I deserve and seeing their startled curious expressions. Have been enjoying Dallas Willards -The Divine Conspiracy Chapter 4- Blessed are the sat upon, spat upon, ratted on.
"Sermon on the Mount is a concise statement of Jesus'teaching of how to live in the reality of God's present kingdom"
Have started to answer the "How are you?" with "Blessed"

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 8:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home