Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

One Another

As I continue reading Josh Harris' book "Stop Dating The Church!" I continue to come across some real good stuff. When I was at school one term my Dad preached a sermon series on the "One Another" commands that I wish I could have been there for. This paragraph from the book caught my eye:

"Have you ever noticed the "one another" commands in Scripture? Here's a sampling of what we're called to do in our relationships with other Christians. We're to:



Love one another (John 13:34)

Be devoted to one another (Romans 12:5)

Honor one another (Romans 12:10)


Rejoice with one another (Romans 12:15)


Serve one another (Galatians 5:13)


Carry one another's burdens (Galatians 6:2)


Forgive one another (Ephesians 4:32)


Encourage one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11)


Offer hospitality to one another (1 Peter 4:9)


Confess our sins to one another (James 5:16)


Pray for one another (James 5:16)"


Maybe we could all look at that list, pick out the command we are the worst at, and seek to improve on it. Don't try to improve by "will power" - try to improve by grace, asking God for the help and grace needed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home