Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Poem

But often, in the world's most crowded streets,
But often, in the din of strife,
There rises an unspeakable desire
After the knowledge of our buried life:
A thirst to spend our fire and restless force
In tracking out our true, original course;
A longing to inquire
Into the mystery of this heart which beats
So wild, so deep in us - to know
Whence our lives come and where they go.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark D. Smith said...

T.S. Elliot is credited with saying, "Mediocre poets imitate; good poets steal."

I guess that makes me a good poet.

(the poem is Matthew Arnold, "The Buried Life")

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

oh, Mark, i was gonna say... you've got some hidden talent. Thanks for sharing

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home