Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Cornelius Van Til

David Heska emailed me some quotes from Joe Boot's book "Why I Still Believe." I really liked this one and found it helpful for some things I've been thinking about lately.

"Shall we say that that in my early life I was conditioned to believe in God, while you were left free to your own judgment as you pleased? But this will hardly do. You know as well as I that every child is conditioned by its environment. You were as thoroughly conditioned not to believe in God as I was to believe in God. So let us not call each other names. If you want to say that belief was poured down my throat, I shall retort by saying that unbelief was poured down your throat." - Cornelius Van Til

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark, this is Andrew. The quote comes from his famous essay 'Why I Believe in God'. It's a great article, about 10 pages and can be found at www.vantil.info. If you haven'y already read it you should check it out.

Peace Brother! My wedding is only 7 1/2 months away, hope you're excited 'best man'! Peace!

Thursday, January 11, 2007 6:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home