Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Monday, January 08, 2007

MindTrap

Averil gave me an awesome game called MindTrap for Christmas. It's a bunch of word puzzles that are really fun to try to figure out. This puzzle is the craziest one we have come across so far. See if you can figure out the answer without typing it into google or cheating some other way!

Three men checked into a hotel room for which they paid $30. The next day, the manager glanced at the records and realized that the men had been overcharged. She gave the bellhop $5 to return to the three men. On the way to their room the bellhop decided to keep $2 for himself, and give each of the three men one dollar. The three men had now paid $9 each, or a total of $27. This, plus the $2 the bellhop kept makes a total of $29. What happend to the other dollar?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm fascinating mr..smith fascinating...i dont know how to answer except so say that its incorrect to add $2...becasue the 2 dollars is already accounted for in the $27 total...so its added twice to give the impresionn of unadequete funds...but i dont know if this is the answer that it wants....but no wi need to know!!! please please...post or email me the right answer...these things dive me crazy!! heeh
cheers mate
andrew

Friday, January 12, 2007 10:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home