Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Between Two Worlds: The Ambiguously Cured Soul

Justin Taylor's post really intrigued me and I think that everyone would do well to have a look at it. Especially if you have any sort of interest in Biblical Christian Counseling or in psychology. Or if you have any sort of past that is less than perfect. Okay, that includes everyone so check it out!

The quote that really stuck out to me is:

"Knowledge of a person’s history may be important for many reasons: compassion on sufferers, sympathetic understanding, locating the present within an unfolding story, knowledge of characteristic temptations, and so forth. But it never determines the heart’s proclivities and inclinations."


Between Two Worlds: The Ambiguously Cured Soul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home