Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

At Galilean

I'm the chapel speaker at the Jr. Teens Camp at Galilean this week. It is going pretty well. I certainly don't feel qualified for this but that's okay - the God who calls is the same God who equips right?

I finished re-reading (for prolly the 3rd time...maybe the 4th) "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" by Jim Cymbala today. Look for some quotes to come from that when I get home at the end of the month cause it is on my top 5 list of all time...in fact it might be on my top 2 list of all time!!

I just wanted to get on here mainly to direct you over to Josh Harris' latest post: Doubled Joy. I love it because it jives so much with my belief in the philosophy of life called Christian Hedonism!

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet Perry said...

Are you on the camp computer?!! Or is the speaker suite now equipped with a computer and internet, too??! Ever spoiled.... and all you have to do is talk for an hour twice a day!! Haha jk!

Have a good week, Mark!

Monday, August 14, 2006 2:41:00 PM  
Blogger Patrick Sutherland said...

Sweet Suite eh?

P the P

Monday, August 14, 2006 4:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home