Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Unexpected Free Book!

Averil and I got our mail from our old address the other day and there was a package in it and I said to Dean, "It's nice to get something big in the mail and not even remember what you ordered!" When I got home I opened it up and was amazed to see a copy of Randy Alcorn's book, Money, Possessions, and Eternity because I never ordered it and there was no bill! It was totally free. I don't know if Randy Alcorn sent it to me (he did send me the books Heaven and Deception for free after I met him but those were signed and I knew they were coming, this book wasn't signed and I did not know it was coming), or if someone friend bought it and had it shipped to me or what?! But I've been telling Averil lately how I'm not sure what to read next but now I know what I'll be reading! Randy Alcorn is a great author and knows a ton about this topic and this is a topic close to my heart so I'm sure glad to recieve the book in the mail.

By the way, here is a good blog post from Randy: Stephen King, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Angelina Jolie, and Giving.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

Hey bro,

I ordered that book for you because I thought you needed a kick in the pants regarding your money and your possessions.

Enjoy the read!

jax

Thursday, March 12, 2009 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger Mark D. Smith said...

hahahah

Friday, March 13, 2009 9:12:00 AM  
Blogger Mark D. Smith said...

thanks...i guess... lol

Friday, March 13, 2009 9:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home