Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

True Story!

My sister, Rebecca, shared this in her Newsletter:

I had the privilege of visiting with a young OM Missionary visiting Carlisle and he told me this amazing story:

A young believer in a strict Muslim country is told he will be married via an arranged marriage in 3 months. He decides he must bring this news to his few and only brothers in the Lord as he does not know how he will be able to marry a Muslim girl when he believes in Jesus. The guys begin praying together and lifting this up to the Lord. As the wedding approaches, the prayers continue, and he knows that once he is married he must tell his wife about Jesus, even though she could have him arrested.

Once they are married he boldly tells his wife that he is a follower of Jesus. With tears streaming down her face she looks up at him and says, "I've been reading the Bible for 2 years, and now I have found another believer."

This is what God is doing around the world!

This is what YOU are a part of!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark haha
You posted something I wrote! That is fun.
-Rebecca

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home