Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Raised from the Dead (physically)

...Then Ratnekar's last cow died. He would have no way to till his land or provide for his family.

In his distress, Ratnekar remembered the stories in the New Testament about Jesus bringing dead people back to life. And in a recent church service, Ratnekar has also heard testimonies from believers of how God had healed them of their sicknesses.

"Suddenly it came to my mind that if Jesus can heal sickness and raise the dead to life, why can He not make my cow alive?" Ratnekar recalls. "I decided that if God could raise my cow from the dead, I would follow Him."

The cow had been dead for half an hour when Ratnekar cried out to God. Immediately, the animal began breathing again and stood up, completely well.

In that instant of joy and surprise, Ratnekar realized that Jesus was the one true God who really cared for his needs.

"When I saw this, I wept," Ratnekar shares. "And whenever I remember that moment in my life - when God brought my cow back - I always cry. There is a God who can do big miracles in my life."

Click here to read the whole story of how Ratnekar then led a cave man to Christ.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home