Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Monday, April 03, 2006

What Kind of a Blog Is This?

I'm trying to come to grips with what kind of a blog I am going to have in the coming weeks and months and years (provided that I do actually continue on with this). I'm not sure what kind of blog this will end up becoming....

I do know what is will not become though. This blog will not become a blog where I complain about relationship woes or my hard week or the latest emo song that I listen to that has me wanting to trip myself. This is partly because I do not have relationship woes, my hard weeks are easy compared to most of the world since most of the world doesn't live in the Disney Land we know as North America, and I do not listen to emo music. But even if I do have woes and hardships and....may it never be!!...I actually start listening to emo music, I do not plan to write about that stuff on here. Not that there is anything jejune with writing about that stuff - but that's just not what this blog is going to be about.


I didn't really get into this blogging thing from reading other friends personal blogs - I got into this blogging thing by reading blogs by people like Tim Challies, Justin Taylor, Albert Mohler, etc. (And if I could figure out the link thing, then I would post links to their blogs on the side of my blog page :S lol.) So my blogs will probably tend to muse about things like they do, and point out interesting things they say.

I may also post on some interesting events in my life...but it remains to be seen how often I do that...maybe that will happen more often once I get to Sudbury...we'll see....

Basically, I think I'm going to usually post about things that relate to God, His Church, and His Word. After all, I love God even more than women love Oprah. I will probably include a lot of quotes too because I love quotes. Sentences change my life as much as whole books. Once again, these quotes will usually centre around my Christian worldview, not the latest emo song that I have not even listened to.

I think that most of my posts will not ramble on as much as this one....

But like I said, I'm not fully convinced of what this blog will really end up looking like when I look back on it in a year....

For now, let me post a funny paragraph from http://www.challies.com/. It is from an April Fool's joke that has been going around the blogs that I follow, but it is completely random and cracks me up. I can't wait 'til the next time I see a squirrel.

"Challies, whom a reporter confronted when he was returning home after walking his son to school this morning, declined to comment. "I decline to comment," he said. When pressed, he merely replied, "Ooo, a squirrel," and went running after a squirrel, giggling all the while. The squirrel got away."

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Hey bro,

Keep up the bloggin'...I'm enjoying it!

And check out the GpS blog at the GpS website...

paaaeeace

Kristin

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Julian Freeman said...

Mark:

I'm glad you don't like emo.

Keep up the good work (not liking emo, I mean.)

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mark D. Smith said...

Hey Kristin,

Glad you found my blog. I've enjoyed checking the GpS blog and other ones that I've found from Erin's links section - I loved the video on your blog! lol
--
Julian,

Yeah, no emo music for me - I like mostly everything else though, I basically listen to only Christian music (not cause I'm a legalist! lol I just love it!) - and I love rap...I'm not sure how down with rap music you are, but you should check out The Cross Movement, they are great and I recently confirmed my suspicion that they read Piper!!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 3:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home