Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Underground Church Leader

I heard this quote today from an unnamed, underground Chinese Church leader. The quote was read by Justin Taylor at the Desiring God National Conference on Suffering and the Sovereignty of God. The quote was from the Chinese leader to the American Church:

"Stop praying for persecution in China to end, for it is through persecution that the Church has grown. We in fact are praying that the American Church might taste the same persecution so revival would come to the American Church like we have seen in China."

That is a shocking quote. It is worth pondering.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How true that is. That us, the western church, need to get out of our "comfort" zone and tell the great news of salvation to ALL around us, and we need to do it now. Oh that we would lose the fear of a little verbal insult at most or someone not agreeing with us. Be not ashamed, stand firm in Christ. If persecution is what we need to wake up, so be it. Let us be used today in proclaiming God's grace to our co-workers, classmate, random strangers, neighbours and friends. That we would be God fearing not man fearing.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

North America has been on a downward slope for a long time now, and the time is coming where China will not be to different from North America

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mark
Welcome to the world of blogging! I added you to my blog so hopefully we'll have some overlap of readers;)
Keep blogging
Erin

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home