Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Like a Kid in a Candy Store

The other day I felt like a kid in a candy store and the reason for that is simply that I was in a candy store and I love candy! (Whenever I go to Top Notch Toys I also slip into the Bulk Barn for minute.)

But then I had that same feeling of excitement today at lunch when I got home and found that three of my newly ordered books had arrived! I'm not sure whether I love board games, candy, or books more...they all give me that "kid in a candy store" or Christmas morning sort of feeling!

--

Breakout Churches (Discover How to Make the Leap) by Thom S. Rainer
Comeback Churches (How 300 Churches Turned Around and Yours Can Too) by Ed Stetzer
Finally Alive by John Piper

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hold on a minute now...do you want to "break out" or "come back"??? Make up your mind!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:25:00 PM  
Blogger Mark D. Smith said...

lol

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I know the feeling! I think I feel that way in a library (because there's all those books and they're all free!), in the bulk barn (I could make this and this and this and oh, look at this!), in the wool aisle of a craft store, and in a chocolate store (lots of those in Stratford!) :)

Enjoy your new books and candy!
Ashley :)

Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home