Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Suprising Fact about Christian Tolerance

According to Maclean's, 72% of Canadians said they have generally favorable view of Christianity. That surprised me. I thought it was going to be much lower than that.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

Interesting...I would venture to guess that they don't know what Christian means...it's such a watered down term now. If they realized what a true Christian stood for they wouldn't like it.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:14:00 PM  
Blogger Mark D. Smith said...

Interesting thought...

You think they wouldn't like things like joy and peace and love and helping the poor? lol jk.

They wouldn't like salvation to be only through repentance and faith in Jesus, that's true.

I guess there's a tension there. The world should see our good deeds Matt 5:16, 1 Peter 2:12, 15 and think positively of them but also not like some of our teachings like total depravity and deny yourself and take up your cross....

Interesting tension there....

Friday, July 17, 2009 1:25:00 PM  
Blogger Jax said...

Yup...definitely an interesting tension.

There's no question that Christians are seen as intolerant bigots by many, and we would be seen as such by many more if they knew anything about Christianity. I do agree that we are to be seen by our good deeds. Unfortunatly, we're also to be known by our love and a lot of churches don't play that out very well so we're often seen as hypocrites. We have a lot of work to do in Canada as Christians.

Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home