Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

3 Families

Families are great. Averil and I have three of them. The Smiths, The Bibbys, and The Lansings. We had a great time with the Smiths for a week of Christmas: playing games, laughing, hanging out, eating, etc. Great time. Now we're having a great time with the Bibbys: a second Christmas, more games, laughs, and food. The Bibbys are taking great care of us now that we are "homeless" for a little while. The Lansings are also taking great care of us. For example, when Pastor Jack and I decided to move some big stuff today, Averil suggested that I call a couple people and both were immediately up for dropping whatever they were doing and coming to help. And Chris was in the office and happy to help too. Thanks Jack, Chris, Josh, and Matt for helping move all the big stuff today - and for actually lifting most of the big stuff yourselves. Who knew that a fridge that big could seem small and easy to carry, so much so that you can answer your cell phone while doing it? And who knew that saying, "I'm carrying a fridge right now" could sound so casual and get you off the phone with your mother-in-law so quickly?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home