Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Back from Vacation

Averil and I were on holidays the last couple weeks and had a great time. The best part was getting to go to Camp and hang out with family - it's too bad they live so far away. Going to Canada's Wonderland was a lot of fun as well. Another highlight was the fact that I had lots of time to relax and read. I read a fantastic book that I'd heard about before but never knew was so awesome. The books is The Purpose Driven Church by Rick Warren. Wow! What an excellent book! I had heard about it before and used to criticize it even though I had never read it and had no idea what I was talking about...it's just hip to be critical when you are dumb I guess. But hopefully I'm growing up and will learn not to be so critical about things I've never even read. Another highlight was Andrew and Nadine staying over on Sunday Night - it is always great to see them, and again, it's too bad they live so far away.

So it is back to work for me today and I must say it is nice to enjoy your work and enjoy going back to the office! I love serving in our church and being a part of our church. On holidays it was nice to visit some other churches but both Averil and I always left them thinking about how we missed Lansing. Maybe we are biased but I don't know....:)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home