Great Expectations

My name is Mark Smith. I'm a guy who loves Jesus, His Word, and His Church. I am filled with Great Expectations for what the future will ultimately bring - Matthew 24:14.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

My favourite verse is Psalm 16:11, my other favourite verse is Acts 20:24, my other favourite verse is Habakkuk 3:17-19, and my other favourite verse is Matthew 24:14.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Good Bible Verse


Proverbs 19:11, "Good sense makes one slow to anger,
and it is his glory to overlook an offense."


Lots of people (though not all) know enough not to get angry and loose their temper like they are still a silly little kid. But instead their anger turns into wallowing over the fact that they have been offended.


So many times people get offended (either legitimately or illegitimately) and that offense is the end of the world to them. They get self-defensive, or they quit, or they stop talking, or something else entirely. Instead, we need to know what the Bible says about offense. Yes, people should try not to offend other people. But if you do get offended (intentionally or accidentally) you know what you're supposed to do? Overlook it. It is your glory to overlook the offense. To overlook an offense is a beautiful, Biblical thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home